Inviting process stakeholders to comment on a diagram¶
One of the most powerful tools in collaborative process design is inviting process stakeholders to review and comment on diagrams. This functionality allows you to get a large number of contributors involved. They do not need to be modeling experts to work with you in Collaboration Hub.
This way, you can invite people who have a deep understanding of the business process and can contribute to proper process documentation and process innovation without having to be familiar with Signavio software.
A special feature of Signavio’s comment-functionality is that the commentators do not need to be registered users in your workspace. You can invite anybody via email to comment on your diagrams.
This section describes how you can invite colleagues who are not users of Signavio Process Manager to comment on diagrams. To take advantage of the Process Manager in the long term, however we recommend that you use reading and commenting access rights in Collaboration Hub.
Be careful when granting commenting access. The diagram access links included in the email invites can be used by anyone who has access to the invitation email.
To send an invitation email, take the following steps:
- Select the diagram(s) you want to share (optional).
- Click Share, then Invite anyone for feedback in the menu bar. The dialog that allows you to invite commentators opens.
- If you didn’t select a diagram in step one, you will reach the selection page first. Select one or multiple diagrams. You can go back to this page any time by clicking Choose diagrams.
- Type in the email addresses of all colleagues you want to invite. Multiple entries can be separated by commas, semicolons or line breaks.
- Create optionally a simplified view for you colleagues. The next paragraph Simplified views on diagrams contains more information on this topic.
If you have selected more than one diagram, this option will not be available.
- Tick the box Send a copy to me if you want to receive a copy of the invitation email.
- Customize the invitation message.
- Click Send and the invitation emails will be sent out, containing a web link that will take your colleagues to the commenting mode in the Signavio software.
The stakeholders will now receive an email with a link. Clicking this link will allow them to view and access the diagram in Collaboration Hub. The link works as a key to Collaboration Hub.
Simplified views on diagrams¶
When inviting a colleague to comment on a diagram, it is possible to create simplified views. Simplified views can ease reading a diagram, especially if the colleague you invited is not a modeling expert. You can also hide irrelevant information, to making viewing diagrams easier.
Creating while inviting¶
As described above, simplified views can be created while inviting colleagues to comment on a diagram.
- Click Selection of a simplified view or check the box in front of it. The Selection of a simplified view dialog opens.
- In the Create simplified view tab, you can simplify the diagram view by hiding element types. As soon as an element type gets chosen or dismissed, the preview refreshes.
- If you have created your desired view, click on OK to return to the Invite anyone for feedback dialog.
- Follow the steps to invite to comment as described above.
Creating a stakeholder-specific view¶
You can create simplified diagram views in the Editor before you invite stakeholders to comment.
- Open the diagram in the Editor.
- In the attribute panel, click Create new view under Views. The dialog View configuration opens.
- If no views have been created for this diagram, you can now configure a simplified view by selecting which element types you’d like to be hidden. As soon as an element type gets chosen or dismissed, the preview refreshes.
- Now specify a name for the simplified view. If desired, you can also include a description.
- If there are already existing simplified views for this diagram, choose a view from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
Withdrawing commenting rights¶
Use the Manage access rights dialog to view the collaborators that were invited to comment on a diagram.
Click Share then Manage feedback invitations in the menu bar.
The Manage feedback invitations dialog opens. All email addresses that have recieved an email invitation are listed. If you want to remove commenting rights for a particular person, click Remove next to the corresponding email address. A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
If you are an administrator, you can also manage invitations to comment in the Security center.
- Click Setup then Manage users & access rights in the menu bar. The settings dialog box opens.
- Click the Access Rights tab. The invitations can be found at Additional access rights at the bottom of the dialog.
- Select a diagram on the left. Click Remove next to the email address whose access rights you want to revoke.
More information about security settings can be found in the Managing users and access rights section.